Tuesday, September 21, 2010

FIrst Wine Tasting & Stuffed Shells Too!

Good Morning to everyone. Today is September 21,2010

On Thursday evening September 16th, I invited my Brother Robert, his wife Michelle to dinner. I served my famous homemade Pepperoni Gravy,along with Suffed Shells from
P & S ravioli Company, Meatballs, and the pepperoni (Margarita) used in the cooking of my gravy for the shells.

Our Wine: A Wine You Will Never Forget, A 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon, California produced by Domenico Wines (www.domenicowine.com). My rating system is not numbered, we use letters.
Here are the rules: We Don't swirl and stick our noses in the glasses, We move the glass across our nose gently, then take a sip, swallow it all the way down and take another hardy taste moments later. (No Spitting allowed) their is food on the table and my almost 1-year-old nephew sitting with us, eating and tossing his food on the floor having fun and laughing while we eat and drink.

The Rating System:
MLW= Major League Wine: Defined as WOW! this stuff is excellent
AAA= Good, equals a wine over $10.00
AA=Average,about what is expected of an under $10.00 wine
A=Poor,My god, Pour the stuff down the sink

Michelle isn't a Red Wine drinker, she prefers White Wines, but she gave it a taste and consumed an entire glass (good sport that she is).
Michelle's Reaction: "I like it, I don't drink Red Wine, I would buy the wine for a party and family event, its good, I would rate it a "AA" since I don't drink Red Wines too often."

Robert: It's real good, has a nice feel and taste to it, not to dry, not sweet, perfect with pasta, I really like the wine and would buy it and mention it to friends. It's not heavy and in my opinion has a taste more like a table Chianti or Dago Red. I rate the wine at "AAA"

So far we have been eating our shells, getting to the meat balls and pepperoni, and the baby has decorated the floor with bread crumbs and bits of meatballs, and laughing all the way.

OK, Here it is this my opinion, I agree with my brother, the wine is very tasty, not dry, not sweet, the aroma is similar to a table Chianti, the flavors on my "tongue" are a light coffee, a tannin, with a nice feel (smooth) as the wine hits the back of the mouth and tongue. The Wine is easy to drink and very easy to open a second bottle. The Wine is smooth, nothing harsh, and a great value under $10.00 for anyone on and not on a budget. "MY RATING IS "AAA" I like red wines, my favorite wines are Chianti's, the Sangiovese grape. I like a hearty table wine.
"A WINE YOU WILL NEVER FORGET is perfect with a chunk of provolone cheese and cut fresh pepperoni and an Italian loaf of bread, I sat down on Sunday evening and had the wine accompany my small feast and later fell asleep on my couch. I recommend that you travel over to Roger Wilco in Deptford and try a bottle or two, then email me: frontier22@aol.com or write your own opinion to my blog, I would really appreciate your input and become a part of my tasting crowd.


Now: the question is Where can you find "A Wine You Will Never Forget" The first Liquor Store to carry the wine is Roger Wilco in Deptford at 1343 Hurfville Rd and Rte 41, the store is near Home Depot, and next too Arby's on Rte 41, in Deptford.

Roger Wilco opens at 9:30 AM.

The New Buy-Rite Store will be having a wine tasting of "A Wine You Will Never Forget" I will post the date on my blog. Included in the tasting will be a new vodka you can sample called "NUDE VODKA" Both products will be available for immediate purchase. I will be there and look forward to meeting all of you. So Stay tuned for more Wine Tasting and events.

This Thursday I will Review a White Chardonnay by Domenico Wines, also being sold and is available at: Roger Wilco in Deptford called "A Wine You Will Always Remember."

Any questions please email me at: frontier22@aol.com

Do you know anyone who owns a liquor store, restraunt, bar, night club, catering hall, etc in New Jersey, I am available to meet with them and discuss all three importers that I represent.

Have a super day
Go Phillies!

Joe Simiriglio Jr
t/a SimBeverage
856-848-7300-home office

No comments:

Post a Comment