Monday, October 25, 2010

VR LOMBARDI Cabenet Sauvignon 2008 California

The other evening my long time friend Joe Mederios and I sat down to watch the Phillies game over Cheese Steaks, pepperoni, provolone cheese, potato chips and of course VR LOMBARDI Cabernet Sauvignon. Cost Under $10.00, currently sold at: Roger Wilco-Deptford, NJ.

Well when Joe came over he brought over two steaks from Jim Steaks of South Street Fame in South Philly, I provided everything else and one bottle of VR LOMBARDI.

Here is what Joe M. had to say about VR LOMBARDI:
I am not an expert, far from it. I like my Red wines, Merlot's Cabs, and of course Chianti's and Ports, being 50-50 Portugese-Italian.
I rate VR LOMBARDI as AAA for a wine under $10.00.
Here is why: It had a Rustic taste, it felt good going down, not harsh, not bitter, but smooth, not burning. It had an aroma of Black Cherries, and I would say it was medium-bodied. A women would also enjoy this Red Wine or Cabernet Sauvignon.

My opinion is in total agreement with Joe M. Here I picked up berries, medium dryness on the tongue, not harsh, not sweet and not dry. You can feel the tannins as your swallowed and swirled the wine in your mouth. The wine also had an earthy flavor, fresh and easy to drink along with a Philly Cheese Steak with Raw Onions.

So take it from Joe M and myself, pick up a bottle of VR LOMBARDI at Roger Wilco-Deptford, near the Home Depot and next to Arby's on Rte 41.

If you don't see it on the shelf,simply ask one of the friendly sales people for assistance.
Contact me at any time: frontier22@aol.com
let me know your opinion.
Have a wine you would like me to try, send me an email and we can try the wine(s) together at your place or mine.

Till then,
Cheers,

Joe
Great Year to the Phillies!

No comments:

Post a Comment